I am a Hay House author, a spiritual teacher, a motivational speaker, a cancer survivor & a happiness ninja.
When people see me walking down the street they see a rock chick rebel covered in tattoos with wild hair, who’s probably on her way home from an all nighter. And yes, that’s who I used to be…until I got cancer and transformed into somebody else.
Breast cancer was my wake-up call. I had the chance to reassess my whole life, and it wasn’t easy. A period of serious inner reflection, depression and self-analysis ensued. The person I had been before the treatment no longer existed, and the new person I had become needed help to emerge from the trauma she went through.
My cancer journey was one of painful but profound and necessary transformation, self-discovery and true soul healing. Through that self-healing and inner work, I managed to overcome the trauma and struggle of cancer, and by doing so I also managed to let go of all the struggles and issues I had suffered from my whole life. It was the most cathartic experience and it changed me forever. I truly did not think it was possible to feel such peace and self-acceptance and that is why I have now made it my life purpose to share this wisdom with others.
My aim is to help people reduce depression and anxiety, alleviate fear and negative thinking, improve lifestyle, increase motivation, and boost mental, emotional, physical and spiritual health.
Some more about me...
- I always sneeze twice.
- I'm a spiritual hippie with heart-shaped nipples that wants to spread love and light absolutely everywhere.
- I’m living proof that no matter how bad things get, no matter how much you screw up your life, no matter what obstacles block your way, you can still have a life of complete joy and peace.
- I’m very very and very crazy about my dogs...
- I love indie films with happy endings... I'll walk out of any movie that has cruelty to animals (fake or not).
- I love getting lost in the forest and silent discos... I think there should be silent discos in the forest!
- If I could eat one food forever and never get fat it would be Nutella crepes.
- My imagination is so big it doesn’t fit in my head, I have so much love in my heart I have enough to cover the whole world at least 27 times and sometimes I feel so grateful and blessed that I could spontaneously combust.
- I did my Masters at Emerson College in Boston, it’s one of the best journalism schools in the world, and I quit just before graduating.
- I have always been in love with Gene Kelly and always will be.
- I'm afraid of blending in.
- My favourite colour is technicolour.
- I'm an extroverted introvert.
- My least favourite colour is beige.